Winnipeg, Manitoba, in the heart of the Canadian prairies, leans into its identity as a “winter city.” It creates a vibrant, sustainable and livable environment with transportation systems, buildings and recreation activities that use the city’s infrastructure during all four seasons. Travel Manitoba in partnership with Tourism Winnipeg are proud to invite urban planners, designers, entrepreneurs and winter enthusiasts to explore Winnipeg and see for themselves how the city comes alive in wintertime.
Join us for the 2023 Winter Cities Shake-Up at the historic Fort Garry Hotel in Winnipeg, Manitoba from February 15 to 17, 2023. You will spend three days learning from world-class experts while immersing yourself in hands-on experiences designed to give you ideas on how to live and thrive in a winter city. Conference themes include Business Best Practices, Winter Tourism and Innovative Designs in Winter Climates.
Here are some of the highlights you can expect:
- Enjoy presentations from industry experts, including Sara Stasiuk, CEO of the Forks; Chris Turner, author and leading voice in climate change solutions; Meik Wiking from the Happiness Research Institute; Curtis Ross from SubZero North; and Jeff Mayo
of Thermea, as well as featured seminars from architect Peter Hargraves, Edmonton city planner Isla Tanaka, and Chef Mandel Hitzer of Deer + Almond.
• Immerse yourself in the local Indigenous culture with a ceremonial dinner at QUAMAJUQ.
• Experience first-hand the artistic warming huts that are spread along the Nestaweya River Trail on the Red River.
• Participate in a visit to the Forks, a historic market and gathering place with plenty to do both indoors and out.
• Visit Western Canada’s largest winter festival and a Winnipeg wintertime tradition. Every February, the Festival Du Voyageur brings the community together to celebrate the music, food and lively culture of the French-Canadian Voyageurs.
The 2023 Winter Cities Shake-Up gives visitors a chance to experience Winnipeg and residents a chance to rekindle their love for our city.
Register early for a chance to win! Register before January 20th at 11:59 p.m. CT for a chance to win two round-trip tickets to anywhere that Calm Air flies.Winners will be picked on the first day of the conference (February 15th).
LETS TALK · #WINTERCITIES2023
Leave a Reply